What is Media Blasting?
Media Blasting is a process in which compressed air is used to accelerate particles of media to strip paint and rust from parts ultimately renewing them.
Durable and long-lasting, we use abrasive media such as aluminum oxide for use in blasting, grinding, surface preparation and blast cleaning. Aluminum oxide has a high toughness and hardness making it ideal for industrial media blasting projects such as cleaning turbine blades and engine parts. It’s quick cutting action is effective on difficult to remove debris from hard metal surfaces, as well as engraving monument markers and for anti-skid / non-slip applications. This can be used on a variety of items, for example preparing rusted wrought iron fencing, metal patio furniture or metal hand railings for painting. Other uses include paint removal, oil or scale removal from industrial equipment, pipes, pump and turbine parts and more.
Glass Bead Blasting
Also known as shot peening, our glass bead blasting services provide a considerable increase in part life due to corrosion and cracking. Glass bead media blasting creates a uniform layer on metal surfaces enabling them to distribute stress evenly along the surface. It is commonly used in advanced aircraft designs. Our silica-free glass bead blasting can suit a diverse range of applications from agricultural equipment and aircraft components to printed circuit boards, lighting fixtures pipes and engines.
Plastic Media Blasting
An effective method for stripping all metal types, plastic media blasting removes all or a portion of powder coating from the surface of a part without causing damage using small recyclable plastic media. The plastic particles used in plastic media blasting are harder than the powder coatings but softer than the metal underneath, they can quickly remove primers and topcoats without harming the part itself. This is especially useful for materials such as aluminum which can damage easily.
Our Blasting Capabilities:
- 5’x5′ Empire Pressure Cabinet: 36 Grit Aluminum Oxide(heavy grit for fast, heavy rust + pitting removal)
- 5’x5′ Empire Pressure Cabinet: Plastic Urea Media Stripping
- (Used for stripping of delicate components + Wheels. Excellent for powder coat removal)
- 4’x4′ Empire Pressure Cabinet: 80 Grit Aluminum Oxide
- (typical etch pattern for nearly all components to be powder coated)
- 3’x3; Empire Suction Cabinet: 100 Grit Aluminum Oxide
- (Delicate etch for firearms and other sensitive components)
- 3’x5′ Suction Cabinet: Glass Bead
- (leaves a satin-smooth texture for parts that will be left un-coated or for restorations/cleaning)
- 10’x20′ Multi-media Blast Room
- (Stripping / blasting of large components + vehicles)
What can be blasted?
We have experience with everything from aluminum and steel wheels, to plastic moldings, and even vintage collectible plastic and die cast memorabilia. We have significant experience with intricate mechanical parts including engines and associated components as well as firearms, and possess a Federal Firearms License and Manufacturers license, which enables us to blast and re-coat firearms and their components.We can strip paint, rust, mil scale, powder coating, and any other surface imperfections on outdoor lawn furniture, industrial parts. automotive wheels, motorcycle wheels, engine parts, suspension components, car and bike frames, trailers, handrails, plastics and composites, wood…. the list is endless.